|5.0 (total: 500)|
|5.0 (total: 100)|
|(5 seconds) Unaffected|
|(20 seconds) Unaffected|
The Ray is a tier 6 animal.
- Seagulls, bats, ducks, seals, and barreleyes evolve into rays.
- 24,000 XP is required for any of those animals to evolve into a ray.
- Rays evolve into beavers, anglerfish, gulper eel, penguins, frogfish, sea otters or snakes (player-determined).
- 30,000 XP is required for a ray to evolve into any of those animals.
- Rays drop meat upon death.
- As a ray, friendly fire is turned off for other rays and whales: meaning you cannot damage them nor be damaged by them.
- Staying still while pressing your face against the ground, an island, or a glacier causes you to hide.
- Unlike the squid, if you are damaged within 3 seconds of doing this, you can still hide.
- The suitable biomes for the ray is every Biome except the sea surface and places every other animal will die.
This is a complete list of food that rays can eat.
|Name||Can be eaten by||Image||XP||Description|
|Barb||All except for the stonefish who spawned it||0||Spawns behind a stonefish using their active ability. Deals damage upon eating it (7% of max life). Poisons anyone who eats it with a base DPS of 10% that lasts 5 seconds (except poison-immune animals). Despawns after 4 seconds.|
|Bird Poop||All except for lamprey and seagull||10||Affected by gravity. Automatically spawns below any seagull every 10 seconds.|
|Plankton||All||250||Spawns in the ocean.|
|Dam Food||Tier 1 to tier 7||35||Spawns underneath beaver dams.|
|Ice||All||250||Spawns in the arctic and deeeep.|
|Algae||Oarfish, penguin, tier 1 to tier 6 except lamprey||50||Spawns on the ocean floor.|
|Yellow Algae||Oarfish, penguin, tier 1 to tier 6 except lamprey||50||Spawns on the floors of the arctic and deeeep.|
|Apple||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in trees.|
|Berry||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in bushes.|
|Volcano Food||All except lamprey||125||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of volcanoes, which can be hidden in and are located in the arctic and the deeeep. When eaten as an animal that is not suited to the arctic, it will replenish some of your temperature.|
|Flappy Duck||Ray to tier 10||675||Spawns in a horizontal line just below the height limit.|
|Meat||All||1000||Spawns where an animal dies (tier 2 to tier 10 animals only). The amount of meat that spawns depends on what animal it was.|
This is a complete list of terrain that rays can hide in.
|Shipwreck||One shipwreck always appears on one of the dirt islands that border the ocean and deeeep. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here. Produces bubbles that can be eaten.|
|Abandoned House||Does not generate randomly, one abandoned house always appears in a specific location to the left of the deeeep floor. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here.|
This section highlights all the changes made to the ray in documented updates so far. A full changelog can be found here.
|Pre-November 4th, 2016 (Release)||Added 7 animals: fish, crab, squid, ray, hammerhead, dolphin, and shark.|
|February 14th, 2017||Jellyfish, ray and squid can now live in the deeeep.|