|6.0 (total: 600)|
|5.0 (total: 100)|
The Octopus is a tier 8 animal. It is based on its real life counterpart, the Common Octopus, Octopus vulgaris.
- Tier 7 animals evolve into octopuses (player-determined).
- 36,000 XP is required for any of those animals to evolve into an octopus.
- Octopuses evolve into Humboldt Squids and Mantis Shrimp.
- 42,000 XP is required for an octopus to evolve into a humboldt squid or a mantis shrimp.
- Octopuses drop meat upon death.
- As an octopus, friendly fire is turned off for other octopus meaning you cannot damage them nor be damaged by them.
- You automatically disguise as the last animal you killed.
- You can walk on islands, glaciers, and beaver dams.
- Is not slowed down by coral fans or table corals.
- Attacking, being attacked, or boosting causes you to lose your disguise.
- Even though you can walk on islands, you can still lose oxygen.
- Clicking causes you dash forward and deal 25% more damage to animals you hit and leave behind a cloud of ink.
- If any animals other than octopus enter the ink cloud, they will be temporarily blinded.
- Boosting while walking causes you to ground attack.
- Charge boosting while walking causes you to jump.
- Charge your boost when disguising as an animal to remove the disguise without costing a boost.
- The suitable biomes for the octopus are the ocean, arctic, and the deeeep.
This is a complete list of food that octopuses can eat.
|Name||Can be eaten by||Image||XP||Description|
|Barb||All except for the stonefish who spawned it||0||Spawns behind a stonefish using their active ability. Deals damage upon eating it (7% of max life). Poisons anyone who eats it with a base DPS of 10% that lasts 5 seconds (except poison-immune animals). Despawns after 4 seconds.|
|Bird Poop||All except for lamprey and seagull||10||Affected by gravity. Automatically spawns below any seagull every 10 seconds.|
|Plankton||All||250||Spawns in the ocean.|
|Ice||All||250||Spawns in the arctic and deeeep.|
|Apple||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in trees.|
|Berry||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in bushes.|
|Volcano Food||All except lamprey||125||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of volcanoes, which can be hidden in and are located in the arctic and the deeeep. When eaten as an animal that is not suited to the arctic, it will replenish some of your temperature.|
|Flappy Duck||Ray to tier 10||675||Spawns in a horizontal line just below the height limit.|
|Meat||All||1000||Spawns where an animal dies (tier 2 to tier 10 animals only). The amount of meat that spawns depends on what animal it was.|
|Anglerfish Bait||All Animals except for the Anglerfish who spawned it||0||Spawns infront of an Anglerfish when it is stationary (as its passive ability). No fixed look, resembles the last food the Anglerfish eats. It does nothing too, but the Anglerfish will deal twice as much damage (100x2, therefore 200) to the animal that ate it|
This is a complete list of terrain that octopuses can hide in.
|Abandoned House||Does not generate randomly, one abandoned house always appears in a specific location to the left of the deeeep floor. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here.|
|Shipwreck||One shipwreck always appears on one of the dirt islands that border the ocean and deeeep. Tier 1 to tier 7 animals(and hammerhead) can hide here. Produces bubbles that can be eaten.|
|Shipwreck||One shipwreck always appears on one of the dirt islands that border the ocean and deeeep. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here. Produces bubbles that can be eaten. Distinguishable from the shipwreck above by comparing the shape of the windows.|
|Giant Shipwreck||Generates in any biome. All animals can hide here. Hiding places are ship windows and the crack.|
This section highlights all the changes made to the octopus in documented updates so far. A full changelog can be found here.
|March 13th, 2017 (Beta)||Added four new animals: octopus, narwhal, giant squid, cachalot (the octopus and cachalot were designed by John Fallot (Pathos316 - Portfolio)).|
|March 14th, 2017||Fixed octopus ink bug.|
|March 17th, 2017||(FROM BETA) Added four new animals: octopus, narwhal, giant squid, cachalot (the octopus and cachalot were designed by John Fallot (Pathos316 - Portfolio)).|
|May 13th, 2017||Octopus now disguises as a team member of the last victim's team on Pearl Defense.|